Monday, March 28, 2011

Book Review: The Happiness Project

Siena, 2008

As I've said before, I love to read. And when I travel, I love to read even more. I've been trying to compile my reading list for my trip this summer, as I always do before I travel, but I just couldn't wait to read this book. I've been seeing this book for months and once it came out in paperback I grabbed it. 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin is a year-long experiment to increase the author's own happiness. I'd heard so many good things about this book that I was excited to start reading it. The basic premise of the book is that you create and maintain your own happiness. The book offered various ways to increase your own happiness - trying something new, focusing on activities you enjoy, or being nicer/more understanding of others. The book was a great, easy read and I would definitely recommend it to others. I think it would've been great on a trip because it encourages appreciating what you're doing in the here and now and appreciating your surroundings. Check out the authors website below and pick up a copy if you're interested!




No comments:

Post a Comment