Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Cut: Kate Middleton

November 16, 2010 - Announcing Engagement - Issa London dress

February 24, 2011 - Launching a lifeboat in Angelsey, Wales

I can't avoid a Kate Middleton post for much longer, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it. I must admit, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming wedding (most likely the wedding of the century)! And as a Historic Costume and Culture student,  I love following what Kate Middleton has been wearing and seeing the effect on society as a whole. From what I understand, the anticipation for the royal wedding is just as big in the US as it is in the UK. I'm a little upset that they decided to have the wedding in April when I won't be there (how dare they.), but at least I'll be there to experience some of the aftermath.

From her now-iconic navy blue Issa London engagement dress to her intriguing fascinators (hats), Kate Middleton has changed British royal style. She's a part of a new crop of young royals who are embracing fashion and the slightly more affordable styles of UK brands like Reiss (white dress worn for official engagement photographs). She's already won over big name designers like Karl Lagerfeld and Valentino, but she seems to be staying true to the British contemporary clothing scene. Only time will tell how big of a fashion star she'll become.

I came across this article on The Cut (the New York Times Fashion Blog) that discusses Kate Middleton's style and has an accompanying slideshow of her previous looks. If you want to keep up-to-date with her style, take a look. I think she'll be a trend-setter and style icon for years to come so it should be interesting to follow her along the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment