Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good news!

The past two days have been filled with great news from across the pond! Yesterday, after a lot of stress and anxiety, I finally got my housing situation settled and I'll be living in South Kensington which is where I've wanted to be all along! Today, I received an email from the curator I'm working for stating she had already setup three interviews for me and asking if I'd like to go to Paris for the day on June 24th to see the Madame Gres exhibit at the Musee Bourdelle - um, OF COURSE! I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to take a day-trip to Paris with two curators from the V&A...I can't think of a better experience for my first week abroad!

I'm very lucky to be working with Sonnet - I worked with her two summers ago as well and had an amazing experience. I know the art world can be tough and some curators can be brutal to work for but this is not the case with Sonnet. She truly cares about teaching her interns and helping them get the best experience while they're under her direction. I can't express how thankful I am to have her as a mentor!
Now I'm just working on maknig sure I've got everything I need to pack and finalizing some details.

If only I could find a way to see Kate Middleton's dress before it goes on display at Buckingham Palace since I'll be leaving London 10 days too soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment