Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update

It's been a hectic few days and I'm just now getting a chance to sit down at a computer for more than 10 minutes! I got to London early Monday morning, made it safely to my flat, freshened up and headed out to meet a friend for lunch and shopping. We ended up going shopping on High Street Kensington - where I purchased a phone - and in Harrods which was a mad house! We then walked back towards my flat and had dinner at a local Italian restaurant. After dinner we had a drink at a local pub, the Stanhope Arms, and met another friend who's living nearby!
 St. Paul's Cathedral
View of St. Paul's from across the river over the Millennium Bridge

Tuesday I went over to St. Paul's and Tate Modern to enjoy the scenery - mainly the river. I then met up with my sister's friend Stephanie, her sister and Aunt and spent the day with them. It was really nice to see more familiar faces! We spent the day in Camden at the Camden Market, headed to Hampstead and have lunch then went to tour the Kenwood House in Hampstead Heath. It was nice to see things I haven't seen before. After the Kenwood House we split up for a bit, I came back to my flat and had dinner and then headed out again to meet Stephanie, her sister and Aunt for a Jack the Ripper tour. This is where things get exciting. I ended up meeting The Killers! They randomly ended up on our Jack the Ripper tour (The Killers...on a Jack the Ripper tour...haha) and by the end I had worked up the nerve to ask for a photograph - I'm so glad I did! I wanted one with the whole band but three of the members had scurried away to go to a pub so I got one with the lead singer, Brandon Flowers, and Dave Keuning (the lead guitarist).
Myself, Brandon Flowers and Dave Keuning
Camden Market

 Camden Market
 The Kenwood House
The London Bridge
Today I headed into work at the V&A and spent some time catching up with Sonnet, viewing the current exhibits, and helping Sonnet with a cataloging project. After work I headed to Trafalgar Square to go to the National Gallery, which I love, with a friend. We only got to spend about an hour in the museum because they closed at 5:55pm. After the museum we went to dinner at Wagamama, an oriental restaurant, in Leicester Square, went on a brief walk through Leicester Square and Piccadilly, then had some ice cream at Haagan Daaz. Tomorrow I'll be at work again until 4/5pm then I'll be headed to the V&A Reading Rooms and dinner with a group of girls at Nando's!

So far the weather has been really nice, not too much rain which has been great. I'm loving the cooler weather (mid-60s)! Definitely not looking forward to going back to the high-90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment