Friday, June 24, 2011

Past Two Days

The V&A

Hello again! Just thought I'd give an update on the last two days here in London.

Yesterday I went into work a little late as Sonnet had a meeting in the morning. I ended up heading out once I got to the V&A to deliver a dress (which isn't owned by the museum yet) to a Fashion PR company called Relative MO in Shoreditch so a celebrity (they wouldn't tell us who!) could wear it to the Serpentine Gallery event this upcoming Tuesday. According to Sonnet the event is the biggest social event of the year so I'll be interested to see who ended up wearing it! I then got lunch at Pret-A-Manger, a quick sandwich spot which has a shop in South Kensington, then headed back to the offices to meet Sonnet. After lunch we went to the Blythe House, which is the off-site storage for the V&A and a few other museums. At the Blythe House we fixed a few problems with some garments. Around 3:30 I headed back to South Kensington and spent some time at the V&A Reading Rooms which was really nice. I relaxed a little with my latte, biscuits and a few books. I then headed to Kings Road to do some shopping - this is where Kate Middleton has been spotted shopping. I went into all the British stores I wanted to - LK Bennett, Jigsaw, Reiss, Orla Kiely - and even went into the Anthropologie. I ended up going back to Anthropologie today to buy a purse (which isn't available in the US - I had them check...) by a British brand called Mimi. After shopping on Kings Road I met a few friends for dinner at our local Nandos - they have unlimited refills which is a big draw for Americans! After Nandos we headed to the Stanhope Arms for a drink and I was home by 10:30 which was nice since I went into work earlier this morning.
V&A Reading Rooms
Will & Kate hotspot in South Kensington
Anthropologie on Kings Road

Today I spent some time at work even though Sonnet wasn't in. Because I've ended up cutting my trip short because I got my interviews completed, I felt like I needed to come in and do some work for Sonnet even though she wasn't present. I changed my flight and will be heading home this upcoming Tuesday - I'm excited to go home but wishing I had a bit more time to do everything I wanted! Hopefully I'll be coming again next year though!

After work I went and bought the purse from Anthropologie, came back to my flat to change and relax for a bit, and then headed out to Westminster/Houses of Parliament/Trafalgar Square. I always like seeing the big monuments when I'm here because they're so beautiful. I ended up going back to the National Gallery because I didn't get to see everything I wanted to when I was there two days ago. I ended up coming home early because it started to rain so my plans to try to listen to the Killers concert in Hyde Park fell through. It's kind of nice to have more down-time tonight!
 Countdown to London Olympics
 The London Eye
 The London Eye and Big Ben
 Houses of Parliament
Big Ben

Tomorrow I'm headed to Cambridge for the day which I'm looking forward to since I've never been there! I'm trying to fit in as much London goodness as possible in my few remaining days!

No comments:

Post a Comment