Thursday, June 16, 2011

Travel Reminders


The other day in the mail I received this beautiful paintings from my Nana. She's been an artist her entire life, and in her mid-70s, I'd say she's pretty good! I'm so thankful to have such an artistic person in my life, and it's been amazing to grow up surrounded by her work. I can't wait to cover the walls of my own home one day with all her beautiful artwork. 

This painting is really special to me because it's based off a photograph I took on my last day in London in 2007. On my last day, I spent a few hours in Regent's Park sitting on a bench reading the final Harry Potter book, and this was my view. It was a gorgeous day and it was nice to spend it so peacefully. My Nana rarely does commissioned work so I'm very lucky to have this painting as a reminder of my first time abroad alone!

I'll be doing a big update soon on this past weekend as one of my best friends, McKinsey, got married and I traveled to Atlanta/Athens for a few days for the Mumford & Sons concert (which I'm also trying to go to in London!) and some quality time with my friend Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment