Monday, June 27, 2011

One Last Update!

Tomorrow I have an early flight out of London so I thought I'd do one last update.
The Cam
The Mathematical Bridge
The Mitre - lunch spot!
Trinity College
Penhaligon's in Cambridge

This past weekend was full of outings! I spent most of the day Saturday in Cambridge. Dina (the teaching assistant for the UGA study abroad program) and I got passes for the Hop On/Hop Off tour of Cambridge since we hadn't done much research and didn't know a lot about the city. It was a good choice as we got to see a lot within a short period of time. Unfortunately Trinity College wasn't open so we could only see the outside. It was still beautiful! I also managed to go into Penhaligon's but didn't buy anything because I can order their candles back home. We got back to London around 5pm and I met up with two girls, Katy and Emma, in Parsons Green for dinner and then to the White Horse (aka the Sloanie Pony) for a drink. It was a great, albeit brief, night out! 

 Katy and I
 View from Bench in Regents Park (same view from 2007 which my Nana painted a picture for me off of)

Flowers in Regents Park

On Sunday I woke up early to meet Katy for coffee and a scone nearby. I then headed to the Museum of London, grabbed lunch at Benugo (a local sandwich shop), ate in the gardens of St. Paul's Cathedral, headed over to the Tate Modern to see the Joan Miro exhibit, headed to the Courtauld Gallery to see the Toulouse Lautrec exhibit and then to Regents Park for some reading/to enjoy the mid-80s weather. Regents Park was packed!! After a few hours there I came back to my hotel, freshened up, and headed to dinner at Wagamama on High Street Kensington with Dina. While walking to dinner I passed Hyde Park and it was also crowded because of the nice weather. Later that night Katy and I took a run in Hyde Park to further enjoy the great weather. It was great to go for a run here - we did about 2.5 miles and it was very different than back home. With better weather, no humidity and flat land I felt great!
 V&A logo
 Front Entrance of the V&A
Bridge in Hyde Park

Today was my last day at the V&A and I spent most of it conducting interviews for my thesis. My time at the V&A has been great and I feel so lucky to have worked with the curators there. Tomorrow is my flight out but I'll be sure to keep writing on the blog! I'm headed to North Virginia/Washington DC on Friday so that'll be another trip to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment