Friday, April 15, 2011

Keep Calm and...



I'm sure you've all heard the phrase "Keep Calm and Carry On" - it was originally a poster created by the British Government in 1939 and was intended to raise the morale of the British public during the threats of WWII. The saying is now mostly used out of context without much nod to it's origins but I still love the quote! I got on Etsy the other day and searched for posters with the phrase and came up with much more than I expected. One store, the KeepCalmShop carries various twists on this traditional saying - there are so many I could buy!  And TheLobsterPot changes the phrase to refer to various types of dogs - my favorite being the bulldog! I definitely plan on buying a poster eventually as a reminder of my great times in London - the attractiveness of the posters will simply add to the enjoyment of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment