Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ultimate Wish List: Garmin Forerunner

Garmin Forerunner 405CX

Over the past few months, I've been trying to get motivated to sign up for a half marathon AND finding friends to run it with me (Kathryn, I'm talking to you!). My sister is a personal trainer who has devoted herself to a healthy lifestyle and working with others to give them the healthiest life they can live so I'm lucky to have someone of her caliber in my life. Her blog, Iron-Mamas, provides free workouts that you can do in your home or local gym and I've been able to do some of them while at school. I want to sign up for the Savannah Rock and Roll half marathon in November and to reach my goal of completion I'll need to train throughout the summer, which means I'll be running all over London! And to do so, I'll need a watch that tells me how far I've run and my pace since I won't be able to track my distances on my own. My sister has recommended the Garmin Forerunner 405CX and I'm trying to save up for the purchase - I think it would motivate and encourage me to run while abroad!

P.S. - Congratulations to my sister for finishing 2nd in her age group in a 10k today - 6:53 pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment