Wednesday, April 6, 2011

To Do #3: V&A Reading Rooms




Ok, two to-dos in a row, I know. But I got so excited thinking about this one that I couldn't hold out any longer! As I said in an earlier post about the iPad, I love to read. When I saw this information about the opening of the V&A Reading Rooms, I was instantly intrigued. The Reading Rooms, located at 8 Exhibition Road in South Kensington (close to the V&A itself) is a stand-alone book shop that serves wine while you read. So, combining two of my favorite things (wine and books) makes me a perfect candidate for this place! The encouragement to sit around, drink wine, and read/look through the books before buying them is refreshing. I'll sit in Borders or Barnes & Noble and read through books before I buy them but it's not as encouraged as it seems to be at the Reading Rooms.

The Reading Rooms carry vintage books as well as the latest releases. And from what I can tell, the rooms are small and intimate lending itself the feeling of a local coffee shop. Along with the wine there is a short menu of food and other beverages available. I definitely plan on visiting the Reading Rooms to have a glass of Prosecco, a few green olives, and a good look through the books on the shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment